- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
Lawford Education Ltd collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, job title etc.)
- Student data (admission number, year group, house, reg group, age, gender, SEN code, gifted status, ethnicity, english as additional language flag, in LEA care flag, eligible for free meals flag, FSM Ever 6 flag, pupil premium indicator, service children education Indicator, achievement and behaviour points data, attendance data, class / group data, timetable data, photo)
- Parent data (name, relationship, title)
How do we collect your data?
Schools provide Lawford Education Ltd with most of the data we collect. Schools may provide data directly, by inputting data via an online form or by uploading a spreadsheet. Alternatively, data may be provided indirectly via schools consenting to share MIS data. For example, schools using SIMS share MIS data via Groupcall software. In addition, we collect data and process data when you:
How will we use your data?
Lawford Education Ltd collects your data so that we can:
- Maintain internal record keeping.
- Provide our service to schools.
- Improve our service.
- Respond appropriately to emails and feedback.
- Lawford Education Ltd will not share your data with any companies that have not been given prior authorisation by the school.
How do we store your data?
Lawford Education Ltd securely stores your data at Rackspace (LON5), Unit 1, Power Avenue, Manor Royal, Crawley, RH10 9BE. The server infrastructure and data centre is fully managed by Rackspace UK who are ISO 27001, SSAE 16 / ISAE 3402 accredited.
In line with our data protection obligations, we only store data for as long as necessary. Therefore, when a school terminates their service, or requests that their school’s data is removed, the following process is started. Schools must make the request in writing (an email is sufficient).
|Within 48 hours||A confirmation email will be sent to the school administrators.|
|48 hours later (or before)||The data will be removed from the online system.|
|30 days later||The final backups that contain the data that was removed from the online system are deleted. Before this time, we will also ensure that any offline data is removed.*|
|After this time||The data cannot be recovered.|
*Please note that we may retain some email communication for longer than 30 days to provide an audit trail such as the email request to delete the data.
If you have agreed to receive marketing communication, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Lawford Education Ltd from contacting you for marketing purposes.
What are your data protection rights?
Lawford Education Ltd would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request Lawford Education Ltd for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Lawford Education Ltd correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Lawford Education Ltd to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Lawford Education Ltd erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Lawford Education Ltd restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Lawford Education Ltd’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Lawford Education Ltd transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us at: 0845 544 1251
Or write to us: Lawford Education Ltd. 11 Waldegrave Way, Lawford, Manningtree, Essex CO11 2DX.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in.
- Understanding how you use our website.
What types of cookies do we use?
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: email@example.com
Call us: 0845 544 1251
Or write to us at: 11 Waldegrave Way, Lawford, Manningtree, Essex CO11 2DX.
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Lawford Education Ltd has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Phone: 0303 123 1113
Address: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF